Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2002 8:13:54 PM EDT
Bought the C7.45 LDA this winter and have shot about 700 rds.  Mostly S&B and CCI Blazer FMJ's.
Cracked the barrel bushing after about 400 rds. Para sent me a new one. After about 200 more rds. it cracked the new barrel bushing and CRACKED THE SLIDE.  Para replaced the bushing again as well as put on a new slide.  But no explanation as to what the problem was.  As this is my full time concealed carry gun this has me a bit concerned.  Anybody heard of this problem on the Para Companion?  
Link Posted: 8/27/2002 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. It has functoined well. No problems with two hundred rounds through it so far. I have noticed the slide stop release can be a little stubborn when trying to release on an empty mag in the gun. Although that might be mag related or simply a break in issue. I just wish they made a carbon steel or blackened stainless version with rubber grip panels.

I`ve never heard of a Para experiencing your problem. Sorry to hear it. My serial # starts at P105xxx. I sure hope it wasnt a lot of bad steel. Please keep me posted on this.
Bob
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 9:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a p-12 that broke a recoil spring plug and after replacement, it broke the barrel bushing. I think who ever the supplier was for parts screwed up the heat treatment. I have only fired a couple hundred rds. since repair so I have no idea if the pistol is reliable yet.

This is a problem that can show up in all compact .45s now and then. Check out the after market custom parts designed to help this problem. There are many available because the problem is not new. I would also recommend getting a new high quality recoil spring and replacing it at least every 1000 rds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top