Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2004 9:53:01 PM EDT
FANTASTIC , that says most of it ...lets address this one at a time shall we ... Box, comes in a kickin green box big like something a saw would come in , goo d latches ... Gun , nice deep black matte finish the new royal finish...sights are nice , and even better was a coupon for 99 dollar tritiums from para if i send them the slide , RIGHT ON PARA , scored one for me ... Went to the range to get familular with my new ccw piece and spent some QT putting 250 rounds of remingotn /umc ammo at plates etc... gun handles very well very very tight slide which i like . no wobble . trigger was smooth as silk . the lightweight (28oz i think) made the gun a little more awake than my old kimber governemnt model. that was to be expected. all in all I am very very happy i got hte para , no significant issues with the 250 rounds all went bang and the para power extractor did it's job , only one semi complain , wish the front strap was checkered or stippled , something for grip but APW in florida will take care of that for me ....

Rick in Alaska
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What was the total bill on the Para?? The coupon for night sights is hard to beat.
Where you at in Alaska, I am down in Juneau
Zach
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in anchorage , friedn with FFL hooked me up davidsons had them on sale ... $530
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
... Hey!

... Another Para-Ordnance fan. I absolutely love 'em - Yes, main have all been "tuned out-of-box" but nonetheless, they are the best 1911 "full-capacity" pistols you can carry!

Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... Hey!

... Another Para-Ordnance fan. I absolutely love 'em - Yes, main have all been "tuned out-of-box" but nonetheless, they are the best 1911 "full-capacity" pistols you can carry!

members.cox.net/winston_wolf/para1.jpg

You like the paras over the STI's?  As hicap 1911's go I would take a STI over a para anyday.
Not that I dislike paras.

NoKarma
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You like the paras over the STI's?

NoKarma

... I do like STI's, but I just prefer raw utility (steel) frames for "daily duty"
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I like my para so much no thinking on getting another commander size but in a LDA , i think my super kimber might be leaving soon
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:13:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two para's the P12 & P13 I love mine so much I sleep with them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top