Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2004 6:22:55 PM EDT
Finally complete. Will fire it sat. All function tests past, and everything is functioning very smooth. (Took about 30 hours of work).

Double Star 1911 frame(Fit perfect, no fitting needed, I bought 2, both are pretty much perfect out of the box) The finish is Matte OD slide and Matte Black on the frame with Gun Kote. SA magwell and Hogue wrap around grip. Trigger pull is set to about 6 pounds(The best I dare go with the Sarco parts)

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#1]
congrats on the build.I have heard rumors about sarco kits, but they are alright, yes?
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 8:37:00 PM EDT
[#2]
you didn't happen to take pics did you?  i would be interesting in seeing them.  i want to build a 1911 but do not have the knowledge yet.  just finished some ARs.  how hard was it and any recommendations.  thanks

jservis
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Sarco kits are not the best by any means.

Sarco's support is very odd(Good on the phone, but always messes up on deliveries and slow shipping)

All parts fit ok, just cosmeticly they need lots of help.

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you didn't happen to take pics did you?  i would be interesting in seeing them.  i want to build a 1911 but do not have the knowledge yet.  just finished some ARs.  how hard was it and any recommendations.  thanks

jservis

take pics of what?

the frame or the Sarco kit parts?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm not far from Sarco, picked a few things up retail.  They certainly are a weird bunch of guys, and I haven't heard much good about their mailorder side.  Often they're the only source for ooooold MG parts and the like, but monklike patience is a necessity.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:16:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm not far from Sarco, picked a few things up retail.  They certainly are a weird bunch of guys, and I haven't heard much good about their mailorder side.  Often they're the only source for ooooold MG parts and the like, but monklike patience is a necessity.

You got that right.

They were so friendly over the phone, but when the package arrives, time to get them back on the phone.

Very weird to an almost incompetant special olympics type of thing. But they do deliver, just dont expect to finish the project on time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 7:32:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Good lord thats nice Mr Mays...

Can you tell me what parts from Sarco you used, I dont see alot other than maybe the slide?

lol
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Really nice job!

Where did you get the frame from?

wganz

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#12]
The Frame is from Double Star Corp (DSC, J&T)in the Industry forums here on AR15.com

There is a local dealer that sells them at the gun shows in Texas. You can contact Jesse at Double star through their forums.

Link Posted: 8/8/2004 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#13]
looks nice.  building .45's is fun!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]
How was the slide to frame fit? Did you need to lap/hand seat it or did it slide on easy?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How was the slide to frame fit? Did you need to lap/hand seat it or did it slide on easy?

The Slide to Frame fit was nice and tight, I lapped it with Tooth paste (Suggestion from a friend in the jewlry business)

It fit excellent afterward.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top