Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2004 9:36:19 AM EDT
  What, in your opinion, is the best light to mount on a Glock? What about brightness and other features of the different lights out there?
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
A strobe light to warn others of the danger of an impending Kaboom?
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
The Surefire X200a fits Glocks perfectly with the included mount.  The X200 is an LED light, so there's no bulb to break, and brightness is plenty adequate for handgun range.  It has both constant and momentary switching.

X200a on a G34:
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Surefire X200a fits Glocks perfectly with the included mount.  The X200 is an LED light, so there's no bulb to break, and brightness is plenty adequate for handgun range.  It has both constant and momentary switching.

X200a on a G34:
www.hunt101.com/img/177942.JPG</a>

I got to agree with M4-Guy, the X200 has to be the best hand gun mounted light on the market right now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the streamlight m3 on my glock.  Has 2 options, constant on or momentarily.  Very bright light  and focusable beam.  highly recommend.  Got mine for $95.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm sure you think you're being cute but you are just coming across like an asshole. Fine you don't like Glocks, we got it . It's your lose but but grow up and quit with the fifth grade jokes\comments already
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sure you think you're being cute but you are just coming across like an asshole. Fine you don't like Glocks, we got it . It's your lose but but grow up and quit with the fifth grade jokes\comments already

Actually, in light of the facts, it was a serious recommendation.  
The Crown Victoria is a great police cruiser, too. Until you get rear ended and it goes up in flames like a roman candle with the officer in it. You going to defend that too?
GLOCK: Unsafe at any speed.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:GLOCK: Unsafe at any speed.

[sneeze] bullsh|t [/sneeze]
Thank you Ralph Freaking Nader.  Now go play in traffic.

+1 for the M3.
Link Posted: 8/3/2004 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree the X200a is an excellent choice but on the thermopolomerlastic pistol I think I would install an M3X or M6X. The texture of the plastics look better together.

Just my odd way of looking at things.

MT

When ever I turn on the X200a Jumbo Jets try to land near me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1 for the M3.

+1

_DR - You really are mis-informed here. If you want to open up your mind a little then Read this if not, oh well then feel free to live in ignorance but do us a favor and quit trying to prove your ignorance by posting such stupid quips like the one above.

Or is it your goal in life to be a Glock? If so, you should set your goals a little higher man!
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 for the M3.

+1

_DR - You really are mis-informed here. If you want to open up your mind a little then Read this if not, oh well then feel free to live in ignorance but do us a favor and quit trying to prove your ignorance by posting such stupid quips like the one above.

Or is it your goal in life to be a Glock? If so, you should set your goals a little higher man!

Read your link. Case failure, yes. But the difference is a well made gun does not kill you when you get a KB from case failure. The Glock has and can kill when it KBs, case failure or no.

You can call me ignorant, but that doesn't make the GLOCK any less of a marginal design.

Why not buy a pistol where there is no question of a solid design, like Sig, HK, CZ and many others. Unless you just like the controversy and enjoy being a sucker for marketing chutzpah.

Marginal at best.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Why not buy a pistol where there is no question of a solid design, like Sig, HK, CZ and many others.

Yes, GLOCK sells as many pistols as all of these companies combined because they suck sooooo bad.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why not buy a pistol where there is no question of a solid design, like Sig, HK, CZ and many others.

Yes, GLOCK sells as many pistols as all of these companies combined because they suck sooooo bad.

Marketing takes takes care of sales, more than anything else. A medicore product that is marketed well will sell better than an oustanding product with less marketing every time. More Pintos were sold than GTOs, but they were still a POS.
Link Posted: 8/4/2004 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I second the X200 Surefire light.   Surefire sends both mounting plates that will fit the Glock and a real Picatinny rail.  Just disreguard what the light is mounted on.  I don't want to offend anyone.

Link Posted: 8/4/2004 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#14]

_DR says: Read your link. Case failure, yes. But the difference is a well-made gun does not kill you when you get a KB from case failure. The Glock has and can kill when it KBs, case failure or no.

I am interested in hearing which cases a case failure in a Glock pistol killed someone.  Could you post some references that support your claims or are you just creating stories to support your opinion.  Anyone can say anything they like on the Internet...it does not make it true.  These sort of inflammatory statements lack creditability both because of your preconceived negative opinions of Glock products and you don’t provide supporting data.

I fell victim to a "friend" that loaded a 45acp round at  approx. 50% overcharge.  I fired one round from a 2nd gen. G21.  The case failed, the chamber split, trigger shattered, frame cracked, and the magazine blew out of the gun.  Guess what?  Glocks polymer frame contained the blast.  I was unhurt.  I have seen 1911 shooters that have not been so lucky as steel guns tend to grenade when they fail.

_DR says: Marketing takes care of sales, more than anything else. A medicore product that is marketed well will sell better than an oustanding product with less marketing every time.

This is an irrational argument.  If Glocks were as dangerous as you claim, all the creative marketing in the world could not obscure that fact.  The bottom line is more and more law-enforcement agencies (city, state, and federal) are transitioning to Glock pistols than any other brand.  It would not be as popular as it is if these fabricated KaBoom stories had any truth to them.  I have yet to hear of a class action lawsuit being brought against  Glock by someone injured in a catastrophic pistol failure.

B.T.W. – I don’t think I will be taking any advice from someone who repeatedly demonstrates that he can’t spell.

medicore is really spelled MEDIOCRE and oustanding is OUTSTANDING!
Just for future reference.  Maybe you should spend more time criticizing your English teacher, and less time on Glocks.

Please, don't feed the he
D
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 4:39:02 AM EDT
[#15]
First, I like the M3 for holster carry and nightstand duty.  

I like the GLOCK OEM light for IWB carry.  It is slimmer, as it has the batteries stacked  one on top of the other rather than side by side.  Does not add to the thickness of the pistol.  

I would like to buy/try the SRF X2000.  Just haven't hit the intersection of disposable income and priority yet.  

Now, as to the Kb's...

You can find plenty of Kb's with EVERY type of pistol.  The GLOCK Kb's are so glorified because

1) there is a irrational hatred odf GLOCKs by some, and this seems like something to transfer it from irrational to rational, and

2) there are so many out there that it is statistically more likely you will see one.  

To explain #2, suppose Rottweilers bit children 3% of the time, and Sheppards bit children 6% of the time.  Further suppose that there were three hundred Rottweilers and 100 Sheppards.  You would see 9 Rottweiler bites, and only 6 sheppard bites, but any individual Sheppard would be twice as likely to bite.  

Flame on.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

_DR says: Read your link. Case failure, yes. But the difference is a well-made gun does not kill you when you get a KB from case failure. The Glock has and can kill when it KBs, case failure or no.

I am interested in hearing which cases a case failure in a Glock pistol killed someone.  Could you post some references that support your claims or are you just creating stories to support your opinion.  Anyone can say anything they like on the Internet...it does not make it true.  These sort of inflammatory statements lack creditability both because of your preconceived negative opinions of Glock products and you don’t provide supporting data.

I fell victim to a "friend" that loaded a 45acp round at  approx. 50% overcharge.  I fired one round from a 2nd gen. G21.  The case failed, the chamber split, trigger shattered, frame cracked, and the magazine blew out of the gun.  Guess what?  Glocks polymer frame contained the blast.  I was unhurt.  I have seen 1911 shooters that have not been so lucky as steel guns tend to grenade when they fail.

_DR says: Marketing takes care of sales, more than anything else. A medicore product that is marketed well will sell better than an oustanding product with less marketing every time.

This is an irrational argument.  If Glocks were as dangerous as you claim, all the creative marketing in the world could not obscure that fact.  The bottom line is more and more law-enforcement agencies (city, state, and federal) are transitioning to Glock pistols than any other brand.  It would not be as popular as it is if these fabricated KaBoom stories had any truth to them.  I have yet to hear of a class action lawsuit being brought against  Glock by someone injured in a catastrophic pistol failure.

B.T.W. – I don’t think I will be taking any advice from someone who repeatedly demonstrates that he can’t spell.

medicore is really spelled MEDIOCRE and oustanding is OUTSTANDING!
Just for future reference.  Maybe you should spend more time criticizing your English teacher, and less time on Glocks.

Please, don't feed the

Back on topic, I prefer the SureFire X200 weaponlight for Glock pistols.  They are bright compact and easy to operate.  I only wish that they had a slimline switch like the P and M models.

D

I know how to spell mediocre and outstanding, I just don't type well. Glock settled on the KB that killed the officer so it would not sully their image, as most companies would. But we certainly are sensitive on this topic, aren't we...

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I know how to spell mediocre and outstanding, I just don't type well. Glock settled on the KB that killed the officer so it would not sully their image, as most companies would. But we certainly are sensitive on this topic, aren't we...

Hey ,

I see you're back to posting shit with nothing to back it up. Please post a link to the story you just referenced. I especially want to read the part that proves that the cop died specifically because of Glock's poor design and that some other design would have saved that mans life.

I'm sure you'll see no need to because after all, you claim Glock settled and there for, they must be guilty. After all, no company ever settles baseless law suits just to save huge amounts of money and time in court cases they may loose anyway just because 12 stupid people would rather feel sorry for a widow than do the right thing. I mean after all, they could have gotten 12 ignorant jurors like you that just can't get over the fact the the frame isn't made out of metal....OH MY GOD, THE HORROR!!!!

I saw a shirt the other day that I think sums up my feelings about all of this perfectly..."I would love to see things from your point of view but I just can't stick my head that far up my own ass!"

Goodnight

Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Did my topic in some way Lead you to believe I wanted you to hijack my thread? Or that I might give a rats ass about your opinion of the HANDGUN. No, I was asking about a LIGHT. I hope your reading comprehension skills are better than that! Sorry to make that so confusing for you, although none else seem to have a problem understanding my topic or the type of answers I was looking for.
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Read your link. Case failure, yes. But the difference is a well made gun does not kill you when you get a KB from case failure. The Glock has and can kill when it KBs, case failure or no.

You can call me ignorant, but that doesn't make the GLOCK any less of a marginal design.

Why not buy a pistol where there is no question of a solid design, like Sig, HK, CZ and many others. Unless you just like the controversy and enjoy being a sucker for marketing chutzpah.

Marginal at best.

Yeah like this solid design: The Gun Zone
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did my topic in some way Lead you to believe I wanted you to hijack my thread? Or that I might give a rats ass about your opinion of the HANDGUN. No, I was asking about a LIGHT. I hope your reading comprehension skills are better than that! Sorry to make that so confusing for you, although none else seem to have a problem understanding my topic or the type of answers I was looking for.

You are right. Although I absolutely dislike Glocks, ( I had two that jammed repeatedly no matter who shot them or how they were held) that is no reason to hijack this thread. Now that you point that out, it was inappropriate and discourteous of me.

I apologize for this, and I will refrain from posting anything further about Glocks since my opinion seems to offend most people here. Not everyone gets my sense of humor.

Again, I am sorry for hijacking, I was not thinking.

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#21]
I like my Streamlight M6

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Now that we have this thread back on track, I've been extremely impressed/happy with the X200!

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Since we're back on the light topic, and sorry for hijacking a little, but is there a difference between the Insight M3 and the Streamlight M3?
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I like my Streamlight M6

I have a M6 and we are getting Glock 22's for duty use.  The holster will not allow the light/laser to stay on the weapon.  

Do you take your M6 off or leave it on your Glock?  If you take it off, does the laser stay close to sighted in?  

Colt_SBR  
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like my Streamlight M6

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/g21m62.jpg

I have a M6 and we are getting Glock 22's for duty use.  The holster will not allow the light/laser to stay on the weapon.  

Do you take your M6 off or leave it on your Glock?  If you take it off, does the laser stay close to sighted in?  

Colt_SBR  

I have my laser sighted in for 21 feet, its my bedside gun.  Taking it on and off probably does make it move a little but at 21 feet I can't tell, still hits the X ring every time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like my Streamlight M6

img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/g21m62.jpg

Colt_SBR  

I have my laser sighted in for 21 feet, its my bedside gun.  Taking it on and off probably does make it move a little but at 21 feet I can't tell, still hits the X ring every time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2004 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#28]
gotm4  

Thanks for the response.  

I'll try it when we get the Glocks and hope mine holds zero as well.  

Colt_SBR  

Link Posted: 8/7/2004 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#29]
SureFire M6 500 lumens!!! this  will destroy a few rods and coneshttp://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/m6ha_large.jpg
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 5:29:56 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Since we're back on the light topic, and sorry for hijacking a little, but is there a difference between the Insight M3 and the Streamlight M3?

Insight makes the M3 for Streamlight.  I picked mine up from Wholesale Hunter for about $100, and it came with a handy holder that fits on my duty belt.  I use the light almost nightly.  Having said that, I would like to try the x200.  Looks like they are getting good illumination from the LED.  Either one would most likely serve you well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#31]
I have an M3 and am very happy with it.  It's super bright, and the controls are well placed and easy to use.  

The LED lights I have seen are not nearly as bright.  The M3 is definitely a 'light shield', but I'm not so sure the LED lights are bright enough to qualify.  You might want to compare them side by side before buying.  

The only thing I don't like about the M3, and this is minor, is that the light extends beyond the muzzle of a Glock 19/23.  Springfield Armory offers a light that is shorter, and if I were to buy today, I would probably get the Springfield.  

Let us know what ultimately go with.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought the Glock light, the FFL that I ordered my gun from "had to backorder the Surefire." I hate back orders. Could have went somewhere else but I got a pretty good deal on The 23 and light.  Damn I dint realize these little lights could be so bright! I'm happy with the Glock light but hell now I've got to get one of the others to compare. Wish I knew the power it put our for comparison. I really don't know anyone close that is into this kind of equip.  Thanks for everyone's input. Edited to say wish I had a cam to take a PIC so everyone could compare for themselves (Looks anyway).
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I have the Glock light and I love it.  It's very compact, streamlined, looks slick and is very bright.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top