BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2002 4:26:25 PM EDT
Anybody got a review of either??

Link Posted: 3/10/2002 6:50:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2002 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost bought a Charles Daly once. It was real cheap too, IIRC around $200. I changed my mind after reading some problems with them. I heard some of the early models were real rough around the edges, poorly finished and prone to jam. My understanding is that the recent models have the edges more rounded for comfortable concealed carry and the bugs have been worked out. The fact that they had to wring some bugs out makes me wonder about how close a copy to a 1911 it really is.

All I know about the Firestorm is that some parts are interchangeable with true 1911s, but not all. IIRC the Firestorm webpage details which parts are interchangeable.

Here's a partial Gun Tests article. To get the rest you'll have to subscribe, but I think there's enough info there in that short blurb.

www.gun-tests.com/pub/14_2/features/4987-1.html
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 1:01:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just traded a Charles Daly 45 straight across for an Enfield No 4 Mk2 rifle plus ammo Saturday , best trade I've made so far . It as a 2000 production model , fed everything jusr fine but didn't need it since I have 2 other 45s .
Link Posted: 3/11/2002 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Say no to both.......
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The current wisdom on the Charles Daly is that KBI seems to have ironed out most of the problems with the early batches.  If you can get one for under $300 I'd probably go for it, if you don't mind swapping out some parts.

I have yet to see any significant difference between the Firestorm and the Llama.  Some like 'em, others loathe 'em.  Some cheap guns you can get away with buying, like the FEG High Power clone and the Makarov.  I wouldn't take a chance on the LlamaStorm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top