Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2004 6:57:51 AM EDT
I caught the tail end of American shooter last night on OLN. The exibition shooter bumpfired his 1911, emptying his clip in a second or so, with one long gong of the metalic target. How is that done?
I know it will take a lot of practice, and only perfect practice makes perfoct so hows it done?
Lebrew
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 7:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh Boy!!!! I'm the first!!

A 1911 with a clip  WOW  Thats pretty neat!

just messin
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Winemaster does it pretty good with his Springfield. I just can't get the hang of it, plus it seems pretty dangerous with a pistol.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have done a couple of times, but have gotten only 3-round bursts (they still sound WAY cool). Recoil was not as bas as I thought. It's done the same was as with a rifle. Hold your left index finger, stiff, close to the trigger. With the other hand (the right), push the pistol against the left finger. If you can control the push/pull thing (I have being partially successful) it will be the most fun with wasted rounds
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok now I`m going to try this with my MAC-12!
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I have seen that episode of AS.  I believe he is not bump firing.  What I saw was him holding the 1911 in his right hand and using his index finger of his left hand to activate the trigger.
I have done it; but it seems dangerous to me too.  I had a death grip on the pistol with my right hand.
Empties a magazine very, very fast.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#6]
What is bump fire?

*You had to know someone would ask this... might as well be me, because I think I just started hearing the term this week on here.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#7]
There are many variations to the technique but basically, with a semi-auto; you pull/push the gun against a fixed object (usually your trigger finger) until it goes off.  Upon firing the gun will recoil and move backward against the pull/push enough to reset the trigger and because your still pulling or pushing the gun forward the process starts all over again simulating full-auto fire.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What is bump fire?

*You had to know someone would ask this... might as well be me, because I think I just started hearing the term this week on here.

Bump firing is when you cause the gun to function like an automatic by allowing the recoild of the gun to reset the trigger.  

Hence, constant motion against the trigger will fire the first round.  Then the recoil will carry the gun back and reset the trigger.  But the same applied force to the trigger will fire it again and the whole process is repeated.  

It is quite easy to do with an AK once you get the hang of it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Aha, so you all catch on now, I've been doing this at the range for a 2 years now, and those 15 round magazines are amazing for this. It is rather easy on the models with the accessory rail on the front, you just hold that with your weak hand and pull the trigger with the other. The tricky ones are the sub-compacts, with almost no real front protrusion. The hardest pistol to bump fire though has to be a suppressed ruger mk2 with an internal suppressor, damned lack of recoil.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#10]
On A.S. a few years ago, I saw Bob Munden doing it with a 1911, but I can't remember how he did it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]
It's easy especially if you have a lite match trigger. My shooter 1911 will bump a whole mag and is very controllable. It's not supposed to be good for the gun ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top