Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2002 11:12:31 AM EDT
I've been looking at this pistol for a while at my local gunstore, the gun feels great in my hand but hardly anyone know anything about how they shoot, or pros and cons about the gun. I also like the triangle sights on the gun. If you guys have any input on these guns please let me know.
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw them in the shotgun news being advertised. (last ones ever) Going for $370 for the full size and $500 for the ultra compact. Makes me wonder about future parts availability/support. At $25 for spare mags, I would scarf up a few extra. I never laid a hand on one, let alone seen one in real life. Styer, the name, has been around awhile.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
yea, id like to know about these too.  they seem well engineered... anybody got one?  some first hand accounts would be nice.

-Spaceman
Link Posted: 2/24/2002 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I owned a Steyr M-40.  The pistol had a number of issues with failing to lockup while firing.  This was not due to limp-wristing.  After firing a round, the slide would chamber another round and then fail to close the last millimeter about once every magazine.  After 300 rounds, the issue was still present.  I finally sent the pistol to GSI, Inc. (the importer and service station) and they did the trigger modification (to correct a variable trigger pull that was a design defect in the pistol) as well as polished the breech face.  When I got the pistol back, it functioned fine from then on.  I was forced to unload the pistol due to financial issues, and regret doing so.  It should be noted that GSI, Inc. is no longer importing OR servicing these pistols because Steyr-Mannlicher has failed to renew their service agreement with this Georgia importer.  In fact, Steyr-Mannlicher has failed to respond to any of their inquiries.  So, now if the pistol is to be worked on, it is no longer covered by any warranty and all work that GSI does is charged back to YOU.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 3/6/2002 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Had accuracy problems with my M-40.  Had even more problems trying to sell/trade it off.  Would not recommend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top