Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2004 9:05:38 PM EDT
I have a Colt Series 80 that I've had for quite a few years now, and until very recently, it's been a "safe queen" since I ETS'd.

While stationed at Ft. Riley, I'd ran into Ken Hallock at a funshow in Wichita, ISTR, and had him do some odds & ends to it. (ISTR that
he lived in OK at the time. (I'd then ended up being allowed to carry it while on duty, rather than the rattletrap 1911 the armsroom
issued us.)

Anyway, it's never given me any problems in the times that I've shot it, and am now considering carrying it as my CCW piece.

Anybody else out there have any experience with his work? I have no doubt that it'll work fine for me, I'm just curious if any others
have run across him before.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 1:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Talk to Derek45 here on the boards.  He has a very nice looking Kimber that Hallock worked on.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Ken built up two carry 1911's for me (back when I still carried 1911's!) and I never had any trouble from either of them.  That has been a a long time ago, but still have one of them that I break out for range use every now and then and it is still going srong.  Consider me a satisfied customer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top