Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 11:32:30 AM EDT
Arrived back in my hands today.

Trigger's better: like night and day different.

Whole process from shipping it to receiving it took less than 2 weeks.

No charge whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you just call S&W and say "make my Sigma feel better"??
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
here ya go:

"Factory Instructions for SIGMA Trigger Work

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Sigma was designed to simulate the feel of a double action revolver as a transition weapon for officers changing from a revolver to a pistol. A trigger pull of about 10 lbs is necessary for the weapon to function. However, if the trigger pull is excessively heavy or rough, those issues can be addressed. If you would like to send it in for repair:

Put your name, address, phone number, and the issue(s) that you are having inside the case with the gun. Take it to a FedEx service center (not a FedEx Kinkos or a mom & pop place) or there are sometimes FedEx Express Drop boxes at US Post Offices. Go to FedEx.com to find your closest shipping location. Ask for a white medium express box, they will give it to you free of charge (don’t let them “sell” you a box). Smith & Wesson only pays for the shipping, not the shipping materials. Please include all magazines if there is a feeding, misfire, and or extraction issue.

ü On the shipping label address it to the address below:

ü Your Return Shipping Address: By Federal Law, we must return it to the address used on the shipping label.

ü In section4a) mark the box second day air

ü In section7) mark the box bill to recipient, on the line write this account # 2456-8820-2, and on the line total declared value write the cost of the gun

ü In section mark the box direct signature required. We will repair it and send it back to you.

Frank Smith

LSG Manufacturing
10059 Hwy 1476
Comanche TX 76442
lsgmfg.com
325-885-2700 phone/fax"

Authorized Warranty Station for:
Smith & Wesson , WALTHER, and Remington

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
So what kind of reduction and improvement would you say you got out of it?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Much smoother pull, crisp/clean break...makes the 10lb feel like 7.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:26:53 PM EDT
[#5]
So did they do anything other than remove the 2 unnecessary springs?
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
No charge?  Really?

I have to say, that is very interesting.  The only thing I could really ever say that I DIDN'T like about the Sigma was it's horrible trigger pull.  Other than that, they're a great bang for the buck, as you see cheap used ones here and there, and they're really not that expensive brand new.

So this would make them even more appealing.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Much smoother pull, crisp/clean break...makes the 10lb feel like 7.

I'll have to pass the information on to my friend's father. Then I'll have to steal it for a day at the range and give it a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top