Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 6:32:03 AM EDT
Quick question guys, I have a 75 SP-01, I love it, but the DA pull is very gritty and inconsistent.

I spent a good portion of my day Sunday dry firing with snap caps to break it in, it seems to be getting better, but it could be my imagination...

I probably got at least 1,000 DA pulls in, my fingers are sore today.

I was wondering, how many pulls will this process take 3,000? 6,000? My RAMI 2075 has a smooth DA pull, and I never dry fired it, but it has been my EDC for years now and seen lots of shots down range.

Any way I was wondering if there is possibly a faster way to smooth out the DA pull, because it's pretty bad right now.

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:02:19 AM EDT
[#1]
It's easy and it only costs about $10.  Just get a 15lb mainspring from www.czcustom.com.  The DA pull will be markedly improved.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Thanks for the info, checking it out now...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
to smooth out a trigger as you are doing will take "whenever".  

there isnt a rule of thumb for how long a trigger will take to smooth out.  understand that.  every gun is different.  even if you were to get mulitple SP01s, they will smooth out at different times.

if you want a smooth trigger, take/send it to a CZ smith and have him do the work if you cant/dont want to wait.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Send it to Bill Springfield at triggerworks.com.  It will snap like a glass rod.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Easiest way is to get rid of it and replace it with a CZ with a safety.

The CZ DA/SA w/decocker versions have the worst DA pull I have ever felt from any modern design from a reputable manufacturer.

Absolutely terrible.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quick question guys, I have a 75 SP-01, I love it, but the DA pull is very gritty and inconsistent.

I spent a good portion of my day Sunday dry firing with snap caps to break it in, it seems to be getting better, but it could be my imagination...

I probably got at least 1,000 DA pulls in, my fingers are sore today.

I was wondering, how many pulls will this process take 3,000? 6,000? My RAMI 2075 has a smooth DA pull, and I never dry fired it, but it has been my EDC for years now and seen lots of shots down range.

Any way I was wondering if there is possibly a faster way to smooth out the DA pull, because it's pretty bad right now.

Thanks in advance.

if you are doing a bunch of DA trigger pulls, I would get an extra trigger spring to have just in case.  DA wears out the spring much faster than normal use.  The gun is designed to be fired from the SA position and DA is really only for second strike capability or hammer down carry (but why would you do that?).

is your gun a "tactical" model? (decocker)

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Spring Kit

The SP-01 is more heavily spring than it's 75B brethren.  I bought that kid and put in the XP recoil spring and RP hammer spring.  Works like a charm and improved the DA pull.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You know, it has a manual safety...are you really ever gonna use it?

Yep, I've used mine in DA... a few times ..I think. Maybe

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Assuming it has a manual safety (I can never keep up with CZ's menagerie of model numbers for the same basic gun)  carry it cocked and locked like normal folks.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
If youre not happy with the pull I'd send it out to get a Springfield trigger job instead of dry firing it thousands of times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top