Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2002 1:43:31 PM EDT
i woke up this morning and my wife hands me a belated valentines present.

A Springfield Armory Ultra Compact .45.

She said she knew i was bummed about the untimley death of my glock 30 and thought maybe this would be a good replacement.

Damn that woman's got good taste!!

mike
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You`re a lucky dude.....(did`nt have to tell you did I).............
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Where was your wife trained?  I need send mine there.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:21:04 AM EDT
[#3]
She was trained at "The Beer SLayers INstitute For Wifes".

It's a gruling 12 week course that involves the following.

How not to stump your toe while barefoot in the kitchen.

How to open beer bottles with your teeth.

Firearms etiqutte.

How to properly wash and wax a 1972 camaro. <even if it's up on blocks>

Beerolgy 101.

And many other important corses relating to keeping your man happy.

J/k actually i think she's got me trained.

mike
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Beer-ology 101........Y E A H........and of course.....we know the last line is the real truth........(she obviously thinks your worth it)...............
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
And what muffed the G30? (nobody else asked)
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 5:26:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

it kb'd on my dad.
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it kb'd on my dad.

Not to dwell on it but I thought mostly the .40 cal was famous for KBs. I have seen gunshow reloads KB everything from Taurus revolvers to Smith autos. Anyway, would you get another G30?  And take good care of the wife, she is truly wonderful!
Link Posted: 2/18/2002 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I was considering it until talking to the owner of our range yesterday. He is a glock lover and i trust him. He tld he has personally seen 3 glocks KB over the last 5 months there. True that most were with reloads but this just doesn't seem to be AS BIG of a problem with other brands.

I'm off glocks for good i'm afraid. Especially after firing this SA yesterday. MUCH more accurate than the g30. i lose 3 rounds but that i can live with. At least i know it'll still be there after it goes bang.

mike
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats, The_Beer_Slayer, on your new gun and your incredible wife.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 6:34:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I know whatcha mean. I like seein' a hammer too. I will most likely get flamed for this,  I prefer SA/DA actions AND reload...no Kbs so far in 30 years. Wonder if anyone ever did a study where the bullet goes in a Kb? Wouldnt it be nice to know if your last shot hit what was aimed at? Or is that a question nobody asks? [:\]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top