Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 6:53:29 AM EDT
When we were at the ShotShow we came across a sweet hybrid design, Alchemy Arm's Spectre.  
www.alchemyltd.com/index.cfm It's a combination of the best features of a Glock & 1911.

Using the show special, we've been working with them on a special model, adding Heinie(Heinie installed) SlantPro night sights, our logo and special serial numbers as well as finish.  They don't show the finish on their site but we have a image on ours.
http://www.castle-arms.com/spectre/spectre-cah.jpg

Even with these upgrades we should be able to sell less than normal retail.  I think normal retail is $775.00.

Our "keep" logo & Heinie's "SlantPro" will be engraved on the reverse of the slide.  Ser#s will be  CAH0001 to CAH 051

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Using the show special, we've been working with them on a special model, adding Heinie(Heinie installed) SlantPro night sights, our logo and special serial numbers as well as finish.  They don't show the finish on their site but we have a image on ours.

What do you mean by this?  A LEGP possibility with the AR15.com logo, or a Castle Arms special?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like it could have some promise, but I have to wonder why the large beavertail on a striker fired pistol? Also, IMHO I think $775 is too much for an unproven new design. I could get a Glock for less, or a Springfield XD. At least it's available in .45 ACP. That's a plus.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 11:51:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Looks like it could have some promise, but I have to wonder why the large beavertail on a striker fired pistol?

More than likely it's there to give protection from the slide recoil.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Also Grin, Isn't this weapon going to be one of the prizes at the BRC Competitions ?

They donated a stock 45 to be used as a prize in a "Alchemy Challenge"  Free entrance, they set rules, same for all, everyone uses the pistol & same ammo. Best score wins pistol.

We have a few other mfgrs who like this idea & waiting in the wings as sponsor/vendors & we may do several of these.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top