Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 4:19:27 PM EDT
how about the Stoeger Cougar in 9mm? can anyone recommend?  seems like it is priced well and the rotary bolt sounds cool (?)
what's the word on this guy?  thanks
billy boy
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't see Stoeger keeping up the Cougar's quality to the level Beretta had it, IMO. I've shot the Beretta Cougar's & didn't like the thicker slide required by the rotary bbl lock-up, the result of which was a way too front-heavy pistol.

Many owners love theirs, the Beretta quality ensures that it'll work. But Beretta sold this line for a reason, IMO & that's because it was a slow seller for them.

I would take the same $$$ & buy a used 92FS before I would buy a NIB Cougar, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
i have the Beretta Cougar 45 and the Stoeger Cougar 9mm.

quality wise they are the same.  The finish looks a tad different.  but really they are the same.

the gun is chubby imo for the size and mag capacity.  I got mine cuz of the rotating bolt since i thought it was nifty;

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:56:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Just get an HK P2000SK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top