Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2002 5:19:14 AM EDT
Okay, getting ready for a day at the range tomorrow if the weather holds.
Along with others I'm taking my Kahr K9 and my BM M4gery to do some chrono testing with.

In the 9mm, I plan to test the following:
CorBon 115 gr+P and 124 gr+p
BeeSafe 91 gr SP
Glaser Silver and Blue
Winchester 147 gr SS and 147 gr Black Talon
Federal 115 gr+P+ and 124 gr HydraShok
Black Hills 115 gr JHP
Geco B.A.T. Safety Round
Speer Lawman 115 gr JHP
MagSafe (Black Tip)

For the M4gery I'm taking:
Winchester 53 gr JHP
Black Hills 60 gr SP
CorBon 40 gr Blitzking
Corbon 55 gr Blitzking

I use a PACT PC2

So, if there's no problem with the weather, look for the chrono results posted here in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 5:25:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Got a semi truck? Not seeing Geco B.A.T. ammo in a while, are they still around, or is that old stock? I always liked the concept, the little plastic cone dropping away (once fired) exposing the hollowpoint. Blitz, Action, Trauma = BAT
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess only one advantage to being old is I got to try out stuff that isnt around anymore. I still have some old BATs around. And some PMC Ultramag 38J +P 66 Grain tubular. No lead at all, and ARE cookie cutters! When you pull the trigger, the bullet is aready down range. Ideas that should have caught on, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Nah, the B.A.T.'s are old stuff.  The Glaser's are also a couple of years old.  I just shucked them out of my 3913 mags.  
Glad you reminded me about the UltraMags, I've still got a few of those around.  Might take them and a .38 also, hmmmm.
Semi-truck, good one, I might need it, the pile of stuff on floor that I'm taking keeps growing by the hour!
Kurt, you'd better hope that BAT don't read this!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks in advance, Beachboy. I shot some Speer Lawman 115gr JHP over the weekend and it felt rather mild to me. I'd be curious to see what it chronos at.

Regarding the Black Talon rounds, are those the original with the evil black lubalox coated bullets and nickel cases? Or its successor Ranger SXT?

I'd like to see Winchester SXT 127 gr +P+ chrono'd if you have any, and Winchester NATO 9mm 124 gr is supposed to be pretty hot, almost as hot as +P+.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 8:09:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thanks in advance, Beachboy. I shot some Speer Lawman 115gr JHP over the weekend and it felt rather mild to me. I'd be curious to see what it chronos at.

Regarding the Black Talon rounds, are those the original with the evil black lubalox coated bullets and nickel cases? Or its successor Ranger SXT?

I'd like to see Winchester SXT 127 gr +P+ chrono'd if you have any, and Winchester NATO 9mm 124 gr is supposed to be pretty hot, almost as hot as +P+.

BigBear -
The Talon, is true Talon, black box, product # S9MM, nickle cases and black bullet; the last of it I have, not enough to keep so I'm donating it to science .  
Hmmm, I don't have any of the 127 gr +P+ SXT on hand nor can I find any 124 gr H.S. +P+, but I know it's around here somewhere.  
I think there's still some NATO ball in another ammo can, and I know there some's Black Tip Uzi carbine FMJ in that can.  I'll keep looking.
Please keep the ideas coming.  We might try to do this again in the near future with some other guns / calibers.
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I guess only one advantage to being old is I got to try out stuff that isnt around anymore. I still have some old BATs around. And some PMC Ultramag 38J +P 66 Grain tubular. No lead at all, and ARE cookie cutters! When you pull the trigger, the bullet is aready down range. Ideas that should have caught on, IMO.

Then you'll like what I found while I was gathering up all this ammo.  In one can I found 2 little clear plastic boxs, with foam padding.  Inside were 14 little (8 in one box, 6 in the other) shiny nickle Federal .25 ACP cases, with little brass DEEP cavitiy hollow points. Yep, 2 partial boxes of the old Personal Protection Systems .25 MSC.  Now that stuff will penetrate bone!  I was carrying this stuff about 85 or 86 in an early Seecamp's 25.
Not that I'm old, I just starting fooling with this stuff when I was real young
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Since we are on the subjet, You wouldnt happen to have any of the original Speer, 200 grain, JHP "ashtrays" or Federal 185 JHP from the 80s layin around would ya ?  Just stick it in the "Shucked "pile and send it over here also  

Hey!  You been in my ammo locker?  I think I shot up all that stuff a while back.  I did find about a half dozen Super Vel 112gr JSP that came in a 24 round ammo wallet.  The price on the outside?  $3.99.  Now that's a good ammo price!
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/13/2002 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
TD -
It's a 14.5" with the Mini Y Comp still on it (it's going to Kurt as soon as the tax refund comes in for an A3 comp).  
Let's see, the rifle range faces east to west, so the comp port's will be north and south...hmmm...you're in IN...heck, you may be able to hear it!! Listen for me around 10:00 tomorrow morning

Striker -
PPPPPPleassssseee, can I have some of that Canadian military 9mm????????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top