Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2009 8:51:07 PM EDT
Yes i am thinking about getting a light to go on the rail of my sig p226 which is all black. My main question and concern is if i were to get a trl-1 or 2 model light for my gun would putting it on and taking it off put lots of wear on the guns rail. if so would someone please put a picture as to what the rail might look like after having a light on it.
Thank you
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Look at your rail now....that's what it will look like after on/off w/the TLR-2 about once a week for over a year (that's what I do).

Just do it carefully and it'll be fine.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Have the TLR-1 on mine.  Been off few times (on most of time, duty weapon) and no marks.  As said above just go slow and take your time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#3]
if you plan on ANY sort of use w/ your gun, it will wear the finish...deal with it and put a light on it
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Kinda surprised you are not intrested in the SIG lite/laser combo. I really like mine. Some dont because it is made from poly not metal but the price on E-bay is hard to beat around $160. I have it mounted on a 1911, I own two SIG's (220,229) but niether has a rail. The poly will wear the finnish on your rail less then the metal lights.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a little pissed about my TLR-1 on my new Sig.  Brought it to the range the first time on Saturday morning and now the light only works when it wants  I'm going to give it another chance but, ifit doesn't work...I will have to give Streamlight a call.

-Pete
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a couple "new" Sig lights made by Laser Devices that should fit like a glove.  They are the first gen Las/Tac lights back when Laser Devices custom fit lights to guns.  I say they are "new" because I slipped them onto a 220 Equinox to see how they looked and they were beautiful.

I never owned any Sigs they would fit.

http://ee.ar15.com/Default.aspx?iid=9997

Laser Devices makes damn good stuff.  The laser/light combo on my USP is built like a tank.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#7]
i have looked at it before but i think i will not light such a light becaues of the way the on/off is..i think i will like how the tlr-1 has the switches instead of the buttens like the sig one has...btw nice 1911 cant really go wrong with the price of a taurus
thanks for posting a pic of both your guns...never gets old looking at other peoples guns
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Just so you know, the Laser Devices on/off switch isn't a button you push in.  It is a short lever that flicks up and down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top