Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2009 7:44:43 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I'm pcs'ing to the Florida coast.  That means a boat... and, of course, a boat gun!
I've got both the G19 and the XDM9 but am not a Glock fan.

What I'm wondering is the difference in the finish.  I've heard a lot about the Glocks and how resistant they are to corrosion.  I haven't heard too much about the XDM other than people saying it's the same.  (haven't found any good reference on it)
With the saltwater and all that comes with it, is there a huge difference in the finish between the two?  I just keep thinking of the Glock torture test thread.

Is the finish on the Glock that much better than the XDM or is it more hype?
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Melonite = Tuftride = Tenifer = Ferritic Nitrocarburization processes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Wouldnt you want to take your Glock if you're not a Glock fan?  I'd rather ruin a gun I dislike over my favorite.  They're both reliable although Glock has a better reliability record.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had both guns and honestly, I'd say if you keep them decently maintained either finish will outlast the average service life of the trigger-puller.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top