User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 8:42:45 PM EDT
I'm about to drop money on a FNP-9.
Here are my must haves.
9MM
High cap mag
DA/SA trigger
Size and weight like the FNP-9

Anything else I should be looking at? The Glock didn't really do it for me.

Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Go for it! Great gun for the money.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm about to drop money on a FNP-9.
Here are my must haves.
9MM
High cap mag
DA/SA trigger
Size and weight like the FNP-9

Anything else I should be looking at? The Glock didn't really do it for me.

Well the only thing that might come close to the weight requirements are the AL framed 9mm pistols.  Beretta and Sig are relatively light but will be heavier than the FNP9.  The FNP 9 is a very good pistol but I gave it to my brother cause I prefer all metal pistols.  The trigger gets a little better over time and I think it's a great deal for what you get.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I hate DA/SA triggers. I would go with the Single Action Only (SAO) version if I was you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Practically anything from HK will meet those requirements.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

But at much higher, and totally unjustifiable price.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But at much higher, and totally unjustifiable price.

Higher price, yes.  But for the most part I disagree that it's unjustifiable.  To say that it is seems a bit ignorant, IMO.

Besides, HK pistols never really skyrocket in price unless they are discontinued.  Like when the P2000 came out it was about $625, and it is now $650 at the dealer I frequented.  The FNP came out at $389 or so and now costs $550 or so.  The XD came for $300 in the form of the HS2000, and now costs $550.  Glocks cost $350 or so to LE, but $550 to regular civvies.

The only LE special I've seen for HKs were the pilot USPc LEMs that were $550.

So who is the unjustifiable one?  Seems like everyone else just wants to screw the civilian or just make more money, huh?

HK is a fairly low volume manufacturer of firearms that cost quite a bit to manufacture.  Add the two together and you get a higher than normal price.

All that said, I can't say I'd want to spend $1000 on an HK45.  But they are selling at that price, so I consider it justifiable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top