Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 6:29:03 AM EDT
I have a series 80 Colt with a beavertail safety and the original spur hammer. I can't recall ever seeing this combo, only the beavertail commander hammer combo. The gun shoots fine, but there is an impression from the tip of the hammer hitting the safety. Am I causesing harm to my Colt with this setup? Should I chage the hammer or safety?
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Why not grind the tip of the spur off a little and cold blue. It is an interesting combo of parts, but then again that's been my experience with Colt.

I recently bought two series 80 Colt Government models in 38 super. Supposed to be the same model. Serial numbers were only a a couple of thousand apart. One barrel stainless, one blue. Fit and finish completely inconsistent. The only thing consistent was the cheesy plastic trigger and mainspring housing on both.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:52:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I've though about grinding it, I think thats what I'm going to do. Its stainless steel so the bluing is a non issue. Sounds like a job for my Dremel
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
If your hammer spur is hitting your grip saftey, I'd also replace my recoil spring. Could be the slide is traveling too fast with a weak recoil spring. Cheap insurance for $8-9, IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top