Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 7:21:09 PM EDT
I will be buying this gun in 15 days.

just wanted to know some info on it?

if it is good,and good for the price of $425 including tax.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and you will love it. $425 is an awesome price if the gun is new. very accurate and very reliable. Excellent under rated pistol.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:38:01 AM EDT
[#2]
After shooting it a few times, you may find you'll want a bit better sight set-up. The standard 3-dot set is way prone to snag too much, IMO.

The second thing I replaced was the less-than-perfect two-piece barrel. My groups dropped in half, or better, after that.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 5:04:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Good gun. I liked mine so much, I sent it off to be customized. It serves me very well, and only failed once in three years. Nothing a polished throat didn't take care of!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:00:56 AM EDT
[#4]
My SA milspec hasn't missed a step.  EVER.  Never failed to go BANG, eject or chamber a round.  That's out of the box with NO work whatsoever.

Yeah, the sights kinda bite, and compared to nicer 1911s, it's not super accurate...

But my intention is to use it as a base gun, and have it accurized, put better sights on it and then shoot the piss out of it.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#5]
SteyerAugs's group buy turned my attention to the SpringfieldArmory 1911A1 WWII version.

Damn I like that little thing a lot. At my local gunstore for $389.00

SOLD!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I got one and love it. Great accuracy for the money-in fact, I can't see spending $200 or more for one that's MORE accurate unless you want to shoot competition.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:38:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got one and love it. Great accuracy for the money-in fact, I can't see spending $200 or more for one that's MORE accurate unless you want to shoot competition.

Your neighbor's kid is suddenly grabbed by a stray dog & the kid is screaming. You have one shot, do you wish for a precise one or one in the general area?

Precision isn't just for competition. I have a mil-spec that will outshoot Gold Cups & I had it done for less than $200.

My .o2
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Love my stainless one. I like the sites on mine and never had one snag. Different carry/body configurations I guess. I was going to customize mine which is why I bought the mil-spec but after getting it, there weren't any problems with it. Mines a carry piece and I believe if your carry piece is accurate and reliable, you shouldn't touch it. The old 'If it aint broke, don't fix it' approach. Good shooter, have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top