Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 5:52:31 PM EDT
Anyone here ever buy mags on Ebay?  Not the "high-capacity" ones, but 7 or 8 round 1911 mags.  Specifically, Wilson Combat mags?  I have noticed that when you search Wilson Combat, about 2/3 of the mags for auction are from the same person.  Anyone know how he can get those mags that cheap?  

Ghost
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anyone here ever buy mags on Ebay?  Not the "high-capacity" ones, but 7 or 8 round 1911 mags.  Specifically, Wilson Combat mags?  I have noticed that when you search Wilson Combat, about 2/3 of the mags for auction are from the same person.  Anyone know how he can get those mags that cheap?  

Ghost

Some of these guys buy bulk surplus at dealer acuctions. I have sold a few mags on eBay, but never bought. Your best bet is to check feedback, if they have lots of good feedback (200+) and no negatives, they are usually ok. I don't buy from anyone that has more than one negative feedback posted.
FYI many sellers (myself included, will sell mags that have higher capacity than the "10 round limit" imposed by eBay. they will be listed as #20 mags, or #30 mags etc, eBay will usually turn a blind eye.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the reason I ask is that I won an auction for 4 Wilson Combat 47DABs on Ebay from a seller that has a 99.1% rating, with over 700 items sold, IIRC.  They were as advertised, the price was right ($86 for the lot) and he shipped them really quick.  I sent a USPS MO in certified mail with return reciept, and I received the mags in the mail 3 days before the return receipt got here.  Good guy.  

Ghost
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#3]
If you buy name brand mags you should be ok, but there's a lot of no name crap out there to be avoided.

Ebay will turn a blind eye if you don't make a business of it. I had 25-30 Sten gun magazines to sell...  and they were fine with my "These magazines hold 10 rounds" stuff....  for a while.  After 20 plus magazines they started busting my chops and canceling my auctions.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
IMO you can find better deals on the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Normally, yes.  But people seem to hang on to their Wilson Combat mags.  I've never seen any for sale on EE.  

Ghost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top