Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2003 7:50:04 PM EDT
I have a Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull w/9.5" barrel, Gunship grey stainless steel that I am looking to get rid of at a local gunshow. It literally has had 12 rounds fired through it. Just too much gun for me. I have the original grips, and a pair of hogue grips(new) that I am throwing in, and a Uncle mike's scoped bandolier holster that fits the handgun(camo). All original papers and hardshell box and unopened scope rings are included. What would be a good price...one that I wouldnt be getting ripped off on and one that people wouldnt give me a funny stare. I see that new ones are going for at least $600 on gunbroker.com  

Thanks to all that responded to my post, I ended up getting $500.00 cash for the firearm. Although it was tough for me to let go...the many will be used much more than the gun will.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Too big of a gun or too hot of a load?
Have you tried any .45 LC for less recoil?
You will take a beating at a show or a dealer, like a new car.
You may want to try the Equipment Exchange here to help it find a good home.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't tried any LC out of it but I really don't like the gun anyways. My dad talked me into getting it, I would of preferred a 1911. I was thinking of asking for at least $500. What do you think?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a fair price to me, from person to person. A dealer may not give you that much as that's probably around their cost for a new one.
That's quite a beast, not CCW material.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I was planning on staying away from dealers but if one wanted to trade for something such as a glock 22, would that be a good trade for the both of us?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Depending on condition and how many factory 15 round mags are included, it could be close.
They not only will make money on the Redhawk, but the Glock as well.
I seem to remember more assorted Glocks on tables than the Super Redhawks, but a few of the Glocks were more than gently used.
Hone the negotiating skills and inspect the future Glock carefully.
I'd much rather take it back home than take too bad a beating.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:03:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate those tips, but if I don't feel good about the deal I won't rush into it. I agree that there are more glocks than redhawks around so I will use that to my advantage. I am in no hurry to sell this piece.
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top