Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 2:17:31 AM EDT
I was looking at a couple of their compact DAs today and was interested but the lack of parts or such from a known source to me made me leary of buying. It's a nice little gun, a little heavy but small.

SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
www.biggerhammer.net/detonics/

Assuming your asking about the Pocket 9...
Try here as there are quite a few fellas that have parts connections there.

Mike
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 4:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much. Anyone own one? How are they?
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:03:22 AM EDT
[#3]
If you hadnt put the 'non' in front of the 1911, I would be able to help a little....

Since I cant help you directly, I will just give you a free bump!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried Brownells? I thought I remembered seeing a limited number of parts for the Pocket 9 in their catalog.... I could be wrong though. I never much cared for the DA Detonics pistols like the Pocket 9 and such. IMO the Combat Master is a much better pistol that fires a much more potent cartridge. Plus the CM’s similarities to the 1911 make it easier to find replacement parts and to work on. Given good ammo, mags, and regular spring changes the Combat Master can make a very good back up gun in a handy size that hides very easily in a good ankle holster.    

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Given good ammo, mags, and regular spring changes the Combat Master can make a very good back up gun in a handy size that hides very easily in a good ankle holster.

All those good things to say about them but you dont have one listed on that great pic thread?

I know someone who will make you a hella deal on one...
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:05:26 AM EDT
[#6]

All those good things to say about them but you dont have one listed on that great pic thread?

While I thought SO was asking about the Pocket 9, here's a pic of my Combat Master.

I don't own a Pocket 9 so I can't help alot on that particular model, but I have owned two of the Combat Masters, one very early model and the later version shown below.

While mentioned as a back-up pistol, note this is my primary carry pistol.

Mike

added: while these "later" models are very reliable, should you decide to purchase one of them suggest you do some reading on the Detonics forum page as some of the earlier models had some problems (not serious ones) you might want to be aware of, before purchase.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Given good ammo, mags, and regular spring changes the Combat Master can make a very good back up gun in a handy size that hides very easily in a good ankle holster.

I know someone who will make you a hella deal on one...

Sheesh!!! You can’t get away with anything on this forum. This picture sucks but it’ll have to do....

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sheesh!!! You can’t get away with anything on this forum. This picture sucks but it’ll have to do....

Man, I did not see you take that pic of my CM that day you fixed it. (BTW, GREAT job, works like a charm!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top