Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 11:21:53 AM EDT
Went to the George Brown Gun Show this weekend and saw a Beretta Stampede in .45 Long Colt.

It sure was a fine looking piece, well finished, and high quality as far as I could tell.

Do any of you have one and can you give me any feedback before I buy one?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#1]
They look great, transfer bar safety so not a true "clone" of the SAA. I am looking at picking up a 4 3/4" model maybe this weekend. Trying to talk myself into the deluxe I love that charcoal blue finish.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, ANGST.  With all the looks and no replies, I was about to decide that no one had even heard of these guns.

I saw a regular model, with the plastic grips, and the fit and finish on it were great.  I bet the high grade ones must look even better.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Painless,
How much are they going for?  I beleive they will probably be higher quality than the Ruger Vaguero, but I would still think they may be a hard sell against the Vaquero.  I like the idea of a transfer bar system.  It would make it a better carry gun in the woods, IMHO. I take it the Beretta, is the same size as the original colts?  That is one thing, I am not too fond of the Vaquero, but the bonus of hot .44s and suped up .45lcs is nice too.

The Beretta sure is a nice looking gun.  I've only seen pictures of the polished? Chrome?Stainless?  
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:51:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Painless,
How much are they going for?  I beleive they will probably be higher quality than the Ruger Vaguero, but I would still think they may be a hard sell against the Vaquero.  I like the idea of a transfer bar system.  It would make it a better carry gun in the woods, IMHO. I take it the Beretta, is the same size as the original colts?  That is one thing, I am not too fond of the Vaquero, but the bonus of hot .44s and suped up .45lcs is nice too.

The Beretta sure is a nice looking gun.  I've only seen pictures of the polished? Chrome?Stainless?  

The come in Nickle, Blued, and Deluxe (deluxe has walnut grips and a charcoal blue finish that is actually a blue color)

Barrel length of 4 3/4" , 5 1/2" , and 7"

Calibers .357 , .44-40 , .45 colt

"Street price" Blue/Nickle/Deluxe of about $360 , $450 , $510 ish.

With the standard blue with the black polymer (looks like the cold hard rubber) @ $360 I am finding it hard to convince myself to go deluxe for $150 more, but its so damn pretty :)

I have seen the deluxe going for $466 on gunbroker, so if I can get the price under $500 I may buy one tomarrow. I think the gunshow dealer is askin 539 for it, but his price tag says "We love to match prices"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top