Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2003 9:29:55 PM EDT
I found a new tec 22 in the box with 2 clips, manual, book; everything. 290 Shipped. Pretty good price right? Anyhow I realize these aren't the best guns in the world, but tell me what you think.

Thanks Jerad
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
That seems about the going price.
On the 2 mags, they should say scorpion to be authentic.
Of the 4 I had, only one worked flawlessly.
I use a Ruger 10 round rotary mag as a standard to test reliability.
Also, if your has the threaded barrel, the nut will loosen up, I used an O-ring on it and it is still tight.
Eagle 30 round mags work fine but Butler Creeks 25s don't...at least in the Tec-22.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I would take the same amount of $$$$ & buy a decent gun. Maybe get a Ruger 10/22 & then put some sort of aftermarket bullpup stock, if you choose.

Or go get a real gun like a Mac-90 for the same money.

My .o2
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one with a standard 10 rounder about 6 months ago new, for $110. I put about 500 rounds through it and it busted. The firing pin broke, Theyre cheapo metal. I paid $20 to get it fixed, mistake. less than 100 rounds later, the PLASTIC extractor melted! The gunsmith took pitty on me, and replaced it for free, and now I can't get it to fire more than one round at a time, even using stingers!
From what I understand, these pistols are a cheap hit and miss product, sometimes theyre a dream, sometimes crap. I'd say stay away from newer models, and check out older ones real good. Don't buy it is my vote, I was dissapointed, but not surprised. I agree with BobCole.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one of the first ones that came out. The first time I shot it it would triple or double and went full auto once. Just wouldnt do it on command dang it. After sending it back under the recall it was a fun, accurate and reliable little gun. It worked great with Eaton 25 rounders and Ramline 50's. Kinda neat to carry a pistol around that held a whole box of .22 ammo. I sold it right before Brady went into effect in 94 I think. Let it go way, way under what it was worth too. Kinda wish I had kept it.

P.S. paid $189 for it new.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top