Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2003 10:54:26 PM EDT
are they reliable handguns? decent? I've heard they're good but I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with them and what they thought.,

thanks
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen them but have not shot one. I would have concerns about the quality of the steel in the slide & barrel due to the lower price.

My advice is do as I did: buy a used HP from Browning & save $$$$$. Quality is ALWAYS worth the extra, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
They are very, very good guns. Strong or stronger than those made by FN (Browning of course never made any HPs) and super reliable. They are one of the best buys out there right now. The shape is different, the trigger gaurd squared and the slide is not recessed. The sights are dovetailed both front and rear.

Almost all internal parts will interchange with any P-35.

I've had a M-94 for several years and it is every bit a fine as any of my FMs, BHPs or my FEG PJK 9HP.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:50:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I want one!!

Made in Bulgaria, known to also produce high quality AKs and other cool stuff.

Check here:
world.guns.ru/handguns/hg110-e.htm
www.arcus-bg.com/products/firearms/1_singe_action/1_arcus_94/print.html

You might also want to go to www.fnhipower.com and do a search. A lot of threads there about it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 12:14:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They are very, very good guns. Strong or stronger than those made by FN (Browning of course never made any HPs) and super reliable. They are one of the best buys out there right now. The shape is different, the trigger gaurd squared and the slide is not recessed. The sights are dovetailed both front and rear.

Almost all internal parts will interchange with any P-35.

I've had a M-94 for several years and it is every bit a fine as any of my FMs, BHPs or my FEG PJK 9HP.

That's pretty much what I get from all Arcus Owners. The local dealer has one model 98 left - I'm going to put money down on it on Monday. I looked at some nice used FN Hi-Powers - very, very nice - but all $495 or more. I'll probably end up with one at some point, but just not right now. The Arcus sounds like a way to get in for low cost now. I am usually leery of new pistols that are $200 or so, but I have gotten nothing but good feedback on the Arcus. The worst I have heard is "it's ugly". But I think it looks OK. I want something reliable and durable, above all.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I can think of a few good guns in the $200 range and my Arcus 94 is one of them. Others are Makarov, FEG High-Power, and Bersa Thunder 45 pistols. I am sure you will be well pleased with the Arcus but like all high-powers it may need a trigger job, new grips, and sights. Those things need to be purchased but take your time and enjoy your new toy! Regards, Richard:D
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top