User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2003 7:54:05 AM EDT
Anyone know anything about these?

Quality?

Reliability?

Dealer Price v. Retail?
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Kahr 40 and am quite pleased with it. I researched Kahr befor I purchased one for the wife and found nothing but praise for the company and the quality of the pistol.  

edited to add that I have 500 rounds thru this P40 without a single malfunction.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I am looking into thier PM9, the pocket pistol that they are making.

The price at Carter's Country is $599.00.  A hell of a lot for a istol if you ask me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Kahr P40 and love it.

Make sue you put at least 200 rounds thru it to break it in.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Sean,

Noticed your comments on the PM9, not certain but think the above is similar in size and thought ya might like to know:

I was teaching some females First-Step pistol classes weekend before last and the guy next to us at ASC had the above model. After watching him a bit, I struck up a conversation and as expected found out this was a full 9mm in quite a compact package.

I asked him if he'd had any cycling problems, given it's diminutive size and this is what he told me.

He bought it at the gunshow, it wouldn't cycle properly, so he sent it back to the factory. He got it back and it still failed to cycle properly, so he returned again. They "worked" on it and returned it to him, and this time he could get 3-4 rounds through it before it jammed. He returned the 4th time, (at this point I asked him directly, if he'd thought about "choosing" or making a different pistol selection, he said NO) and when returned the 4th time, it still would not make it through a whole mag without jamming, so He returned a 5th time. He was there shooting it and loving the hell outta it, and thought "I was crazy", for suggesting that a pistol which needed 5 trips BACK to the factory in-order to get through a magazine with no problems, wasn't something I'd be comfy with in my waistband.

Some folks "obviously" like the hell outta of 'em, just don't count me in that group!

Mike
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a PM9 that I carry everyday. I have not had any trouble with it and it has shot all the ammo I use. I shoot a bunch of the Wal-Mart white box bulk Winchester ammo. It is carryed in a blade-tec ultimate concealment holster. It shoots very well and several other Kahrs I have shot shoot great. The PM9 has the elite trigger and that is very smooth. I paid $550.00 delivered. I would by another one in a heartbeat.

Take a look:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=6282
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a PM9 that I carry everyday. I have not had any trouble with it and it has shot all the ammo I use. I shoot a bunch of the Wal-Mart white box bulk Winchester ammo. It is carryed in a blade-tec ultimate concealment holster. It shoots very well and several other Kahrs I have shot shoot great. The PM9 has the elite trigger and that is very smooth. I paid $550.00 delivered. I would by another one in a heartbeat.

Take a look:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=6282

Link hot
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am looking into thier PM9, the pocket pistol that they are making.

The price at Carter's Country is $599.00.  A hell of a lot for a istol if you ask me.

you will love it, small and light
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Black Diamond PM9, had two jams in 300 rounds of break-in... now runs flawlessly whatever ammo is fed to it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I gave my Son a P9 for Christmas two years ago. He is an MP and he shoots it alot. He liked it well enough to buy a used one. He then found out there had been a few improvements in current production. He called them and then sent his pistols to the factory. They upgraded both the used and new one at no charge with a turn around of less than a week. Last time he was in town he and I and a friend took the two P9s and a CZ75B to an automated range. I bought a 1000 rounds of PMC and we went through the whole brick. we got a few FTF with the used gun when it was filthy. That was before they went to the factory. He has not had a problem since. They are great little pistols.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't speak directly about 9mm, but I own and carry a P40. It is exteremly accurate for its length, goes bang every time, and I marvel at its innards every time I clean it.

I first thought myself a tad touched to pay so much for such a small package. Now that I've run several thousand rounds down the pipe, I feel vindicated.

I never shoot less than 100 rounds at the range, will mix rounds in the mag, and still goes bang every time. I doesn't get any better than that.

mr_wilson is only the second person I've heard speak ill of a Kahr, the other guy said he kept hitting his mag release and dropping his mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top