Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2003 9:48:51 PM EDT
I am soon turning 21 and would like to get a can for my taurus pt92.  It's an older model made in the mid 80's.  I have just a few questions.

1)Do I have to get a new barrel, or can the existing one be threaded?

2)If I need a new barrel, will the beretta aftermarket barrels work and where can I get a good quality one.

3)what suppressors do you guys recommend for this firearm.  I would prefer a dry can even though decible reduction is less.

Thanks for any help.
Fidel
Out.

P.S.  I know about and will follow all local, state, and federal regulations regarding the purchase and transfer of the can.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#1]
1) I'm pretty sure it can be threaded.

2) I doubt a Beretta barrel will fit.

3) can't help you there.

Whatever you decide to get, do some research on your other options as well.  Any attatchment to the barrel (like a can) will add alot of mass to the barrel.  That may or may not have an effect on reliability.  If you're going to go through the tax, etc, then do it right and get a high quality product that will allow you to not worry about your Taurus jamming up on you.

Ross
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top