Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2003 9:21:09 PM EDT
has any one had any experince with this weapon i bought 1 for the police academy and must say i like it a lot the best out of box weapon i have ever fired/ and opinion is appreciated
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have any personal experience, but the gun shop I frequent does sell them and the salespeople(cops and ex-cops) say to buy the wonderfinish model to avoid galling. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a .45 carry comp Witness that has been real nice so far. Only problems i have had were with underpowered reloads.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 8:18:55 PM EDT
[#3]
My Witness 10MM compact is my favorite carry handgun.......accurate, powerful, and dependable.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:30:27 AM EDT
[#4]
My ported Witness .45 is one of my favorite guns to shoot.  I have a 1911, Sig P226, etc.  and nothing feels quite as comfortable as my Witness.  Plus, it is nice having a 10-round .45ACP.  The gun is 100% reliable and accurate.  

Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:44:30 AM EDT
[#5]
What's not to like?  For a long time, these were the only "CZ-75"s available for a reasonable price.  I had an original TZ-75 (which eventually became the Witness) and wish I had never gotten rid of it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Have had two and am on my third

1st Witness 9MM fullframe

2nd Witness 45ACP fullframe wonder finish

3rd (current) Compact polyumer ported 45ACP wonderfinish

I think these have got to be the best 45ACP for the money. They feed anything and work in all condtions including subzero and are simple then heel to field strip

The Witness is Imported thru EAA (European American Armory) in Florida from a company in Italy called Tangfoglio Which make this pistol off the CZ-75 design wich is a very popular gun in Europe. the only problem i have notices is the feed ramp needs to be polished but after that expect years of good service. They come with a 2 stage combat trigger and usually fixed sights. There are plenty of options for these pitols. grips, mags, sights, thumb controls and so on. You cant go wrong with these for the price

My two cense
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm on my third, also. The first 2 were 9mm fullsize, this one's a 9mm compact. It's still kinda heavy for a compact pistol, but it has never had a malfunction, using any type of ammo. The only "alterations" I've done to it were to put an adjustable rear sight on it, and I sprayed it with the Teflon/moly bake-on coating from Brownell's, which is holding up pretty well, so far.

After a friend of mine shot one of my fullsize 9s, he bought a .45 fullsize. He liked IT so much, he bought another one just like it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have both the compensated .45 and 10mm compact.

Both are excellent guns, particularly considering the price.  The 10mm completely AMAZES me.  I consider myself an average shot yet can hit a 30 LB refrigerant cylinder - at 100 yards!!  Blows my mind.

Have never had any reliability issues with either gun.  DID lose a grip screw from the .45 and so far not found a replacement.  Anybody got one?

i've considered a 10mm for sometime (i'm a 1911 man by nature and carry preference), but somehow i got the impression that a .45 conversion was available from eaa so that i could still shoot my beloved .45acp if i chose.  is this correct?  also, i was under the impression there were models available with a decocker for those that prefer a da first shot and also a conventional thumb safety for folks like me that prefer cocked and locked carry for a sa (albeit a looong sa) first shot. yes or no?  glad to hear good things about witnesses.  all i've found in the past have been posts that were ages old.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 8:32:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a blue polymer frame full size .45.  I realy liked it, but had to sell it to pay some unexpected bills.

Man, I wish I still had it.  I loved the looks people would give me then they saw that blue frame (and the black slide realy made it look sharp).  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#12]
i just worked out a trade for a 9mm witness w/adjustable sights and "wonder" finish. ill hopefully have it in my grubby little hand by next week.

question.  i was thinking i might want to trade out the adjustable rear sight for the straight style since im going to use this as a carry gun.  im afraid the adj. would get broken.  where do i get the rer sight from?  
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, the Witness being a copy of the CZ75 design, and having a CZ75, I can say, it's a great design.  Mine's been very reliable and it's more accurate than I am.  EAA offers a bit more than CZ does, what with compact sizes, and different calibers in the same size frames.  Definitely a great buy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top