Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2003 4:36:06 AM EDT
I just picked up a Colt 1991 commander in 45. I need help finding a CCW rig for this weapon.  I'm not too sure how IWB would do with the commander.  

What are your thoughts?

Ron
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't like IWB go to www.kirkpatrickleather.com.  I own three of their holsters and have been totally satisfied.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You can certainly use a Gov't. IWB holster for the Commander.  

I have an Alessi IWB and it's a superior piece of leather, but if I had to buy something today it would be something from Milt Sparks. Their Summer Special line has all the features I want with nothing extra, and the price is right.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Blade Tech Kydex IWB for the Commander. I carry my Commander in one every day. If you sweat like I do, leather wont make it. After the first day, its wet until you can let it dry out, and they dont dry anytime soon. I'd need 7 holsters a week in the summer. The leather can really annoy you against bare skin too. If you have a Government model and holsters for it, they will work for the Commander just fine.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Recommend you consider the kydex holsters from www.fistholsters.com. Their kydex is thinner than others with very little excess bulk.
It's a top quality product, very practical,
reasonably priced and comfortable for daily wear.  Regards, Chuck Hunt
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
rather you go with an IWB holster or not you definetly will need a good quality Belt designed for CCW.

www.miltsparks.com
www.andrewsleather.com/saddle.htm
www.rossleatheronline.com/

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Milt Sparks' VM2 is a piece of art. So is the Watch Six, and Summer Special 2. Don't forget to order a couple of belts at the same time!Yes, I have spent a few dollars on quality leather...

Be well!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top