Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2003 4:10:31 PM EDT
I have always purchased factory mags for all my handguns, but now I just got a Beretta storm that accepts Beretta 92 mags, and  I want some aftermarket magazines. Which ones are acceptable? USA? Triple K? any others?

Link Posted: 11/6/2003 6:48:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Usa and Triple K mags are pure JUNK! ! !

try the asian military mags they have a good rep and I have had no problems at all with mine. Cheaper Than Dirt
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I also have a CX4 Storm.  I am looking for 30 round mags, have plenty of 15 round mags.  What are good brands?

Paraord16
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 11:53:25 AM EDT
[#3]
This one is simple, the only good after market Beretta mag is Mec-Gar. All the other are junk!!

BKVic
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I had some good luck with Pro-mags in other style pistols. Of course these were Range-Use-Only mags.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I had some good luck with Pro-mags in other style pistols. Of course these were Range-Use-Only mags.

same here
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have always purchased factory mags for all my handguns, but now I just got a Beretta storm that accepts Beretta 92 mags, and  I want some aftermarket magazines. Which ones are acceptable? USA? Triple K? any others?

You did good so far...you really don't want any aftermarket magazines except MecGar or the asians.
Factory Beretta 20 rounders were made but are expensive.
Add Eagle and Ram-line to the junk list.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:22:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Usa and Triple K mags are pure JUNK! ! !

try the asian military mags they have a good rep and I have had no problems at all with mine. Cheaper Than Dirt

Ditto that. I use the Asian contract 92 mags in my Walther, and the only problem I had was with the way I notched the first one, not the operation of the mag itself.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never had a problem with Mec-Gar magazines.  Stay away from Triple K and USA from what I have heard everywhere!
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
MecGar is the way to go.  I recently got some from www.arizonagunrunners.net - good prices ($14.95), reasonable shipping and prompt service.  CDNN is a good source as well.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 92FS and both 15 rnd. Pro-mags that I have function flawlessly. These mags are great for the range, but for any other use, stick with factory.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Pro mag's are one of the best after market mag makers.I have several for differnt guns and they seem very well made and function great all the time. Triple K are a load of junk, I have trashed many. You cant go wrong with factory mag's but you will pay for them!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top