Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 5:58:36 PM EDT
I've been wanting a P38 for a long time, but my budget doesnt agree with me right now. I WANT an original with all the markings but they get expensive.

So, an alternative to that is the P1. What's the quality like on the alloy frames??? Anyone in here have one?? Is it picky about ammo??

They're relatively cheap in price, but I want a shooter that will last...so what do you guys think??? :D
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Walther makes one of the highest quality hand guns on the planet. I've had a PPKS for years, couldn't afford a P5 or P88 but recently bought a P99, top quality all around. The P38 was in producton forever and I've not heard any complaints about the quality.

As for the alloy frame, its lighter and that makes it cheaper. I had a S&W 6906 for years, alloy frame and all and never had a bit of trouble with it.

I think you could buy a P1 with confidence. I don't think you will be able to shoot enough ammo thru it to wear out the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Just picked up a P1.  Seems nice shoots very well.   Like all p38's the trigger is a little stiff on double action.  I read that you need to look for the hexagonal pin in the alum frame. This was a strengthing modification. Good Luck. Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top