Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2003 12:23:46 PM EDT
I'm getting a Ciener 22lr kit and want to build a Commander sized 1911 plinker for my wife.

Just got married, so I have NO MONEY!

Money being a issue, how would you build this? Get a cheap used $350 Auto-Ordnance 1911 clunker? Essex or Caspian frame and build it up?

Need advice!

TIA,
--LS

Link Posted: 11/9/2003 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The cheep way to do it is get a Ruger....this said I  am looking to do the same thing. I am going to work up as 80% frame that was in my junk box....you can get a bare frame .add the parts you like and put the Ciener top end on it.....I saw frames for 90 bucks ,before the FFL fee but cant remember where...also found some good deal's on parts from CDNN......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top