Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 8:17:47 PM EDT
I posted on the glock forum, but got nothing.

I bought a new glock yesterday, and have a question on the magazines. the ten rounders it comes with seem to have the plastic on the feed lips separated from the metal lining. is this normal. My usp mags are not like this, or at least not as bad.
thanks
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I just checked mine and there is a small gap between the feed lips and the metal lining.  Not sure if it was there when they were new.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,  It must be normal.  I'll see how it shoots.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Some do it, some dont.  Doesnt seem to affect anything.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to go check mine now,
Yep my two Klinton mags have the tiniest gaps between the plastic and the metal lining.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#5]
 normal  

my mags got the tiny gap too
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a bunch guys.  they work perfect.  the only mishap was when I shot my first round, the second one failed to feed all the way in.  this is the first time I shoot it and it was NIB, so it may have just needed to break in a bit.  all was good for the 200 rounds I fired.  need to get used to the heavy trigger.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 6 10-round mags for my G22 and 3 of them have the plastic coming away from the metal lining. I also have 7 15-round mags and not one of them has started doing this yet. I still haven't figured out what is causing this yet.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Normal.  The only Glock mags I have that don't do it ar the ones for my G36
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top