Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2003 5:59:33 AM EDT
Does the USP 45 have an unsupported chamber like Glock barrels.  The reason I ask is that I know both companies use the same type of rifling and when comparing my USP 45 barrel to my G19 barrel, it looked like the chambers were very similar (the way they were made).  Its okay with me if it is, I never had any issues with my G19 or G26, and for that matter I've never had any issues with my USP.  I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:22:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so...

take the bbl out and drop a round in it an see for yourself... that's what I would do, I'd even do it for you with mine, but I'm too lazy!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I did that a while back and it looks the same.  I guess the reason I asked this question is that I think both barrels are basically made the same way but you never hear anyone bitching about unsupported chambers in HK pistols.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The .45acp has never had any issues with a supported or unsupported chamber. It is the .40, with its much higher pressures which has had the problems with Glock kabooms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top