Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2003 3:33:42 PM EDT
I thought about buying a Springfield Armory XD pistol and wondered if any Hi Caps were available. I know it was made in Croatia awhile ago but I didn't know if it was before '94. Any truth t the rumor that 15 rds of 9mm will fit in the 40 mags? Is this legal?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes its true the .40 mags hold 15 9mm rounds.
I have been searching to see if its legal, and cant find a solid answer. try asking at HS2000 TALK www.hs2000talk.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You can fit 15 rounds in a 10 round .40 mag. But to feed reliably you will probably want to bend in the feed lips, which can reduce the capacity to 14 rounds. The baretta, taurus, and S&W mags are easy to modify, and they will hold the original capacity(you can get up to 30 round baretta mags). The modification required is to put a hole in the front of the mag, where the XD has its mag catch unlike the original that holds it from the corners. I did 2 mags the day i bought my hs2000, I did it with a dremel in my living room so it's pretty easy. both function great.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#4]
And it is totally legal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#5]
It is legal. I posted a link here sometime back to an online copy of a local guy who scanned his reply letter from BATF when he wrote and asked them. Yes, it is completely legal.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#6]
There are a couple people selling Beretta 92FS  17 rd mags that were made by Eagle and converted by Springfield for about $35. Does anyone know if these function OK and are reliable?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, you can modify any preban mag to fit another gun as long as it still fits the original weapon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There are a couple people selling Beretta 92FS  17 rd mags that were made by Eagle and converted by Springfield for about $35. Does anyone know if these function OK and are reliable?

Almost any of the standard European Double Stack mags, or even the Smith 59s can be modified to work in the XD. But you really need to be careful with them. If inserted hard or not quite perfectly modified they can hit the ejector and break it. IMHO it's safetest and easiest just to buy the XD 40S&W mags and go with them.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#9]
when igot my xd-9, there was a an order from for preban 17rds clip for the gun...i ordered two, waiting for arriva.  Comes with paperwork.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Any tauras pt-92/99 mag will work in the xd-9 or HS200!   Just put them side by side mark the mag lock hole with magic marker drill hole and file smooth!

I did this to a 17 round Metgar(aircraft stainless takes a good drill bit) you need to get an O ring and put it on bottom of mag to help keep dumb shits from slamming the mag!

Looks better too,I really liked the pistol,but sold it to my son-in-law as he likes those perky 9mils!

Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top