Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 3:17:54 PM EDT
own a lot of target rimfire pistols, but folks have been telling me I really needed to try a Browning Buckmark. So while I was at my favorite gunshop today, I picked up a Buckmark Silhouette, with a 4X scope, a couple of extra magazines, and an extra Micro standard barrel (4"), for $350 out the door.

The pistol has a nice trigger, and seems to function well. Haven't had a chance to shoot the Silhouette barrel at any decent range yet to get a feel for its accuracy.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that is the hot set up!
If any of my former Buckmarks are any indication of what you should expect..."shock and awe" comes to mind.
Kinda like you bought a handgun and a rifle came with it!
I like!
And now for the range report...
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a scoped 8" S&W 617 that shoots into 2" at 100 yards from a rest. I hope this pistol will do at least as well.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
As much as I love S&W's, I'd bet a milkshake the Buckmark will do a bit better. I love mine & will never part with it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I have an extra 18" barrel that should fit that pistol, don't know if its legal though.

Here's a pic of my favorite Buckmark:
www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/popup.asp?cat_id=021&type_id=031

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:08:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a "Gold Target 5.5" that I use in competition, and I love it. Not fussy about what ammo it likes at all, and is more accurate than I am.

If you decide to keep it, you may want to pick up a couple of extra recoil buffer pads and springs. Supposedly they are wear items and should be replaced every few thousand rounds. You can get them inexpensively through Brownells. I got some, but haven't needed to swap them out yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top