Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 5:37:43 PM EDT
I believe this is the model #.  I saw one in a shop the other day and absolutely feel in love with it.  It was a stainless model with nice wood grips (no Colt logo on the grips, though :(  ).  Does anyone have one and if so, how long have they been on the market and is the overall quality up to par with the other makes in the same price range?  I had a Kimber CC, but sold it because it would start to stovepipe on every shooting sesson after about 80 to 90 rnds.  That Kimber was my first 1911 and it kinda soured my outlook on the gun.  But there is just something about the appeal of a 1911.  They've been around so long and alot of people still use them daily.  Hell, when the Starship Enterprise takes off on her maiden voagage, I'm sure there will be a guard somewhere on it armed with a 1911.  Just kidding.  Any info on this Colt will be appreciated.   By the way, I'm no treky, just saw on of the movies the other day.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
It's too bad you gave up on the Kimber. Did you buy it new? If so did you call Tech support? Some 1911's have a bug or two when new. I hope this Colt works better for you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:20:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one.  I had only one problem with it, It gave me a hard time feild stripping.  My advice is get a bushing wrench.  The gun shoots great.  I regreat getting rid of it, butI did trade it for a HK USP 45.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:16:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I should have spent more time with the Kimber.  I also have a HK USP45 and it shot better than the Kimber (at least I could shoot it better).  This Colt really appealed to me for some reason.  Does anyone currently own this model 1911?  Oh yeah, I did buy the Kimber new and had it for about a year and shot around 800 rds through it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
To add to this thread, is there a XS model pistol and if so, what is the difference.  I've really been smitten (sp) by these new Colts.  The bad thing is if I want right now I would have to unload my USP 45.  I think I'll just wait because the USP has been nothing but utterly reliable and accurate.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks SGB.  I've been hanging around on 1911.com for the last few days, but I haven't read those threads.  I got a question, the pistols on the Colt website have those small rear sights on the XSE, but the one I held had a larger fixed sight on it like the Kimber CC I had.  What gives there?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Most gun mfgrs will sub out their sight purchases. Colt probably used what they had for as long as they had it & then went to the next batch.

My .o2
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Like this.....A Colt XS Stainless, limited run pistol.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I like this even better.

Colt CCO.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
To add to this thread, is there a XS model pistol and if so, what is the difference.  I've really been smitten (sp) by these new Colts.  The bad thing is if I want right now I would have to unload my USP 45.  I think I'll just wait because the USP has been nothing but utterly reliable and accurate.

You should talk with your gunshop about layaway instead of getting rid of your USP.  I was at my local gunshop the other day and they are really looking to make sells, they offered me layaway, with barely anything down and ridiculously low payments.

I too really like the XSE, though I think my series 80 Mark IV stainless is nicer; but they don't make them any more; If you need a brand new gun it looks like a good choice.  Colt has a few other new models such as the gunsite that are very very nice, but also pricey.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top