Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2003 5:36:27 AM EDT
I'm using B-squares on my Anaconda and the scope 2.5x8 Loopie moves under 44 mag recoil.
I've tightened the rings as tight as I can but the scope still moves after 20 rounds or so.

Any secret to keeping the scope in place?

What brand of rings do you use?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:42:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I have scoped 2 .44 mag revolvers with no problems. The first was a Ruger Super Redhawk. I used the factory supplied rings. The second was a S$W 629 Classic. I used a Leupold mount/rings. I shoot 200-270 grain loads in my guns.

You can get TSOB bases and rings for hard recoiling handguns. If I remember this system correctly, this uses a 3 ring set-up. Manufacturer is JD Jones, of SSK Industries, IIRC.

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
leupold on my .41 mag deer killer
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't help you much sorry to say... My Ruger Super Blackhawk was scoped when I got it Used.  1.5x Leupold EER scope with unknown base and rings.  Has been extremely accurate and reliable.  Best group so far was 1.5" @ 50 yards with misc 240Gr. FMJ ammo. (White or yellow box).  I've had it 8+ years, shot it probably 300-500 rounds and never had the zero shift or anything.  Hopefully others can help better.

Steve L.

edited to say I've heard others say that you should lap your rings and make sure the mounts are top shelf for .44 Mag recoil.  Others have said to put some epoxy on the rings as your are snugging them down, but I think that would butcher the scopes finish if it ever gets dismounted for reuse on another gun.

Anyone know how long ago Leupold disco'd the 1.5x EER scope line?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top