Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2008 3:56:06 PM EDT
I bought a used Glock 20 on the EE, and the slide release keeps locking up. After one or two shots (with ammo in the mag) the slide locks back.

I thought it was the ammo (180gr factory) but the slide will lock back even without a mag in the gun.  Pull the slide back and it locks.

What could be wrong?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The slide relaese could have been installed wrong, or it has the wrong one. Hared to say without seeing it.

have not seen that problem yet...
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Could the scope mount be screwed on too tight?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If you insert an empty mag and pull the slide back the slide should be locked back.  The follower in the mag pushes up on the slide stop and locks the slide to the rear.  Did you have anyone else shoot the pistol as some people's grip can often push the slide stop up and result in the slide staying to the rear?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
almost sounds like someone did a detail strip and reassembled it improperly
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you insert an empty mag and pull the slide back the slide should be locked back.  The follower in the mag pushes up on the slide stop and locks the slide to the rear.  Did you have anyone else shoot the pistol as some people's grip can often push the slide stop up and result in the slide staying to the rear?

The slide will lock back WITH OUT a mag in the gun.

Very odd, this is my 4th glock and I have never had this problem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
If it is locking back without a mag then the slide stop is installed incorrectly.  The leg of the spring should be under the locking block pin which crosses thru the frame.  If it is not under that it will try to force the slide stop up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top