Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2008 6:02:11 AM EDT
I am currently building a 1911 for my father as a gift, something he would never buy himself.  He lives in VA I am in TX.  How do I legally transfer this thing to him?

Can I mail it to an FFL in VA and have him pick it up or Do I have to have a TX FFL mail it to a VA FFL and then pick it up?

Can I pick it up and give it to him or does he have to pick it up?

He is talking about coming down to visit me, can I give him the give here and he take it back with him?

Also I am looking for some US Army crested grips for the gun if anyone know where I can find them?
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 6:05:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
He is talking about coming down to visit me, can I give him the give here and he take it back with him?

This would be the way I'd go - as "pistols" require FFL to FFL shipping IIRC, when crossing state lines.....

mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Also I am looking for some US Army crested grips for the gun if anyone know where I can find them?

gunbroker.com and even the dreaded gun hating ebay.com has nice grips for the 1911.

I would just give the gun to him when you see him in person, Much less hassle and you get to see the look on his face when you give it to him. I gave my father a colt stainless 1911 in the late 90s for Christmas. He had always wanted a 45 but would never buy it for himself. the look was priceless....
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 1:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
If he is in Northern VA I recommend these guys in Manassas
www.virginiaarms.com/

They aren't shy about transfers or internet sales. They know their stuff and won't BS you. Transfers fees are average. Bernie there will hook you up with the info you need.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#4]
You know your dad isn't going to use it in a crime. Just give it to him when he is there!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top