Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2003 7:10:52 PM EDT
I have been contemplating the purchase of a Hi Power for some time. I really like the bobbed hammer on the FN SFS(safe fast shooting model). My question is..what the heck is a SFS? Apparently..according to FN's website, the hammer remains in double action but the pistol fires in single action making it safer to carry a round in the chamber. Does anyone own this model? Are you happy with it or do you wish you would have stuck with the regular SA hi power. Can someone explain this SFS to me? I am looking at This model or the Hi power 2 tone practical
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it is what Cylinder and Slide has offered for a few years now.  Read about it here:
www.cylinder-slide.com/sfs.htm

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Developed by the Koreans for the Deawoo IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If it's the same as the Daewoo then it's pretty cool.  It allows the trigger and hammer to move forward to the double action position so there's a long pull which can reduce NDs but the mainspring stays compressed so that the pull is very light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top