Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2003 12:37:33 PM EDT
Well I'm giving some thought to selling my SS Springfield V-10 Champion.  It's a great gun but I seldom shoot it.  What is a fair price for it? (I don't even remember what I paid!)  It's in very good condition, the only noticable scratch is from the takedown/slide lock arcing across the frame.  I've put fewer than 300 rounds though it, and that may even be high.  I don't think it had many though it when I bought it either.  I still have the box, manual and lock (whoopie).  What would it sell for at your place?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll give you $20 bucks for it.  In all honesty the best way to get prices on guns is to go to some of the major auction sites gunbroker.com, auctionarms.com, gunsamerica.com and look at comprable pistols and what there priced at kinda shoot in the middle and you're pretty close to what a fair asking price is.  Then either list it on the EE here or one of the aformentioned sites you will be amazed how fast it sells if you put a reasonable price on it.  Remember when selling face to face that a little bit of wheeling and dealing is to be expected so don't get insulted.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I've thought about doing the gunbroker comparison but I'm a little skeptical of some of those prices.  They seem too high on a lot of the stuff.  Maybe if I check all three that you listed I'll get a better feel for it.

edit:
Check this out, this is what I'm talking about!  $1k for a 1911!?  
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=12887535
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top