Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2003 3:06:07 PM EDT
I'm from NY(Suffolk County). everyone talks about concealed carrying everywhere. As far as I know, and what the manual says,(I'm expecting my post card in the mail anyday, to go pick up my pistol license),around here we can only carry to and from the range, or am I misinterpreting the rules, sounds like everyone is packing all the time, can anyone clear this up for me, thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#1]
In PA we dont need a license or permit to purchase a pistol. The permits here are for carrying a pistol concealed. Anyone can get one as long as you can clear the background check. We dont need a permit to go to the range or transport a pistol, or any gun for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Florida is about the same.  There is a background check and 3 business day wait for someone who does not have their concealed weapons permit.  If you have your permit you bypass the wait.  The permit gives you the privledge to carry concealed to most public places.
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Here, we can carry anywhere but in a school or in the secured area of an airport.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top