Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2002 2:48:14 PM EDT
you know the HS2000, the croatian 9mm that came out not too long ago?  well i just saw one at a gun show that was called something else.  it was labeled as croation, and it was definitely an HS2000, but it was from some other company, i dont remember who.  what is the deal with this?  is it still worth buying?
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 7:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#3]
They are about the same size as a Glock 17,
They have a single action trigger, ( striker fired) The HS2000/XD are the same gun except for the markings. So far my HS has worked well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Definately not Glock knockoffs.  They have several similarities, and could be said to be inspired by some features of the Glock, but a knockoff it isn't.  Take a Glock, a Sig, and a 1911 and put them together.  You get something very close to the HS2000.  A great pistol that feels much better than a Glock and has a superior trigger.  (And for only $250-$300!)
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 11:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The height of a HS2000 is pretty close to a Glock 17. It's got that tall Sig-looking slide on it. But the length of the barrel and slide is close to a Glock 19. The full capacity of a HS2000 is 15 rounds like a Glock 19. Hi-caps for it are LEO only but preban magazines made for S&W 59 series will work with a little drilling and filing. BATF has ruled that is legal as long as the magazine still works in the original gun it was intended for. CDNN was selling those mags for about $15 apiece. Not bad. Beretta 92 mags work too but they stick out the bottom of the mag well a few centimeters.

Retail on the Springfield XD is $479 but who pays retail these days? I see them on gunbroker.com all the time for $379. That's not as good a deal as the HS2000 but I still think it's a good deal.

Aimless, you probably didn't see many HS2000s because HS Arms didn't market them very well. Their popularity literally spread by word of mouth. Springfield has the name and the marketing savvy to generate sales. There are some more reviews on the HS2000 here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top