Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2002 7:26:04 PM EDT
Hi all.
I'm new on this forum and also a new gun owner which lots of questions in mind so please bear with me if I asked stupid question.
Bought a new PT138 on last Xmas and have been practicing almost every weekend, sometime, shot as good as a pro(ya right!) but most of the time it go off to the left, if I shoot with my right hand, it goes off to left on #7-8 of the target at 25' and if I shoot with my left hand, it goes off to the right at the same # and distance, have been tried all different way/technic from the instructor but still not where I want it so I need help from you expert, any tips/tricks you can share with will greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2002 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Well!. Your guess is right Lordtrader, that's exactly how I hold the gun. And Cockedandlocked is right on too, I did not squeeze the trigger with the first part of my finger, probably the middle part. Just practicing squeezing my hand without a gun, I can see my fist moves to the inward, guess I have to keep practice then.
By the way. It's great forum and great expertees on help. Thanks again for the tips. I'm willing to try if you have more tips on that.

The PT138 is made by Taurus, semiauto, .380cal, DAO, lightweight, hold 10+1. It's a new(est?) model, look close to identical with PT111 and PT140 but caliber are different.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to add on the PT138 is the Millennium model.
Cockedandlocked. How many rounds does it take before it's broke in?. I've been discharged more than 500 rounds since the day I got it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
"a couple thousand rounds"!!!. Guess I have to joint the gun club member :0).

Thanks for the infor.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top