Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2002 6:59:24 PM EDT
When I was younger the running joke used to be "What do you do after buying a 1911?" Ans-"Give it and $500 to the dealer and get him to make it work". Harsh yes, but true......Until Kimber and Springfield Armory decided to finally make a .45 that would not need $500 dollars worth of upgrades. These handguns are a serious alternative to the Les Baer and Wilson 45's at an extremely lower cost. As for Colt? They had 80+ years to get it right, and it took the disappearance of there market share to implement even minor no-cost upgrades.
Just my rambling..............

JerrY
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Kinda like the Harley...not the fastest, etc, etc, but its still a Harley? I must have awesome luck, I could not ask more of my Colts. Ramble on, but it is common knowledge Colts are living on the name they once had. Now they may try to restore the 1911 to what it once was. (New management) Will it work? I Dunno.
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a series 70, I regularly shoot at 75 yards, it almost never jams, then it is ammo. I would never sell it
Link Posted: 1/26/2002 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have series 70 and pre series 70 colts which I've carried for 20+ years with complete confidence and no malfunctions not ammuniton related (semiwadcutter reloads)
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 5:37:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When I was younger the running joke used to be "What do you do after buying a 1911?" Ans-"Give it and $500 to the dealer and get him to make it work". Harsh yes, but true......Until Kimber and Springfield Armory decided to finally make a .45 that would not need $500 dollars worth of upgrades. These handguns are a serious alternative to the Les Baer and Wilson 45's at an extremely lower cost. As for Colt? They had 80+ years to get it right, and it took the disappearance of there market share to implement even minor no-cost upgrades.
Just my rambling..............

JerrY

That's exactly why I have stayed away from 1911's until last Fri. I picked up a used Kimber Custom Target and plan on going to the range today.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]

That's exactly why I have stayed away from 1911's until last Fri. I picked up a used Kimber Custom Target and plan on going to the range today.

Congrats on the purchase. Mine (Custom Classic) shot a little high out of the box, but it is an exceptional pistol. You should enjoy it.

JerrY

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top