Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 10:52:46 AM EDT
It was my impression, perhaps wrong, that all NEW firearms had to be proof tested by the manufacture for sale in the US…

If true, does anyone know what the document requiring it is?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It was my impression, perhaps wrong, that all NEW firearms had to be proof tested by the manufacture for sale in the US…

Not required.
manufacturers may proof anyway to check for flaws and reduce liability, but they are not required to by law.

Many European countries DO require proof testing, sometimes at a government run 'proof house.'
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Burst my bubble, but thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not required.
manufacturers may proof anyway to check for flaws and reduce liability, but they are not required to by law.

Many European countries DO require proof testing, sometimes at a government run 'proof house.'

Yup, I believe that's why many HK guns have an antler stamped on the side.  I believe I read somewhere that's the proof house stamp.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont HK's usually get the proof test?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:03:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not required.

Yup, I believe that's why many HK guns have an antler stamped on the side.  I believe I read somewhere that's the proof house stamp.

You will find it on the slide, barrel and frame IRC. Along with another proof stamp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top