Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 2:48:49 PM EDT
Expenses come up--selling this pistol may be the least brutal option.

It's a Series I Custom CDP.  I see new stuff selling for ~$1100 online for the Series II.

I am more partial to the series I stuff (but that's personal)--would there be a little extra value to my series I?

Was thinking in the $9xx range.  Whatcha think?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Needs to be priced 25 to 35% less then new or you won't even get a looker at it. Even then, it's a Kimber and they are pretty common tho the series I is sought after more by a number of K aficionados.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I say ask what you have in it at the least. Lots of people what the Series I. Since you're already thinking $900 I would start it at $1000.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]
On our local boards, a CDP II will sell quickly at $750, slowly at $850.  If it's a full size it will just sit there looking lonely.  A series I will bring a $50-75 premium over a Series II, but then again, it's older so the night sights are going to be dimmer as well, so possibly a wash.

The recent price increase from $999 to $1099 (street, real world) ought to help you a little bit though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking $750-850.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I've seen Series I Kimbers going for about the same as used Series II. Which you should be grateful for, since the Series IIs are newer. If you find the right person, it's worth more...otherwise, it's just another used handgun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top