Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2003 4:53:57 AM EDT
I just got out of school for a few days from Xavier University. we are on fall break. Yesterday, my dad and I went to the range to try out his new Smith and Wesson M629 Classic 6 1/2 inch .44 Magnum. He loves all of the Diry Harry Movies so for his birthday, my mom and I got him the 5 DVD set and gave him some money to get the .44 Magnum. We bought 50 rounds of .44 specials and 50 of the .44 Magnum. We started out just getting used to the gun with the .44 specials and man is that gun accurate. We were making quarter sized groupings at 25 yards easily. I went to the lane next to him and shot started shooting my Beretta 92 FS INOX and let him enjoy his gun. My Beretta is actually louder than the S&W shooting the .44 specials. Well, that didn't last long. I had my gun sighted in on the target and was ready to squeeze the trigger when all of a sudden, I heard the second loudest sound ever (the loudest of course coming from my own DE .50AE TCN which I neglected to bring with me yesterday). I could even feel the concussion from the blast. Obviously, dad decided he had enough of the .44 specials and graduated to the .44 Magnum rounds. He said, "Dang, from now on, I'm buying only .44 Magnum rounds". Even with the extra power of the Magnum loads, he was making half dollar sized groups at 25 yards. We agreed after a fun day at the range that the S&W Model 629 Classic is the most accurate gun we have.
Walther P22
Beretta 92 SB
Beretta 92 FS INOX
S&W M629 Classic .44 Magnum
Magnum Research DE .50AE TCN
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like near heaven.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top