Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 8:51:22 AM EDT
I was wondering if anybody knew of any place(s) that spare parts could be attained for this pistol.

The problem:
The mag release button fell apart. Looks like the threads are stripped on the mag latch. Fortunately I was able to save all the parts when it fell apart. The release button seems to be ok, but the male threads are stripped off the mag locking latch part.

So now, I have a single shot 9mm. This was a very accurate little toy. I'd like to find replacement parts if possible.
So far, no luck....those that I have talked to usually say "Sorry, can't help you there....but I'll give you $25 credit on this new Beretta" (maybe I've been talking to the wrong people).

This ain't a difficult piece to replace ( if I had the parts)....just hoping I don't have to have a piece machined from scratch. Its a good little shooter and I'd kinda like to keep using it.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#1]
S&W probably is your best bet.  They have been very good to a lot of people as far as support.  Even a chance they'll do it free.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Gun Parts Corporation

Smith & Wesson
 Item No. 323680A  
Magazine Catch, Blue
Retail Price: $13.80  

Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses, I should'a known I was wasting my time with those other guys.

All I had to do is come in here and ask the Real experts.

Thanks again !
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:04:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a toothpick to push the tiny detent plunger down as I screw on the checkered nut, (just a precautionary note if you didn't already know.)
It will not merely screw back on without depressing it in to clear the notches on the backside of the nut.
It's lucky you saved/found all the parts.
Also, you may try screwing it in a little farther than the threads that are stripped, you may find enough good threads remaining to reassemble it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Good advice about the toothpick, thanks again to all. You've been a big help and saved another gun from the scrapheap....you realize this is gonna really piss off the Brady bunch.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top